Friday 21 February 2014

Women Welcome

While the hunt for members and a venue proceeds - like us on Facebook, follow us on twitter, join the forum, link to the blog, engage random strangers at bus stops - well maybe not the last one...

I wanted to take an opportunity to state the bleeping obvious. Namely, that women are welcome.

Perhaps this is something that these days is assumed, and even saying it sounds rather patronizing. But it occurred to me that in my advertising efforts I have listed wargaming, historical and fantasy/sci-fi, before RPGs, board and card games. And, since words matter, that it might given the impression that button counters and list building powergamiers might be viewed as somehow more important. And given certain prevailing stereotypes, etc.

I'll stop digging...

No comments:

Post a Comment